Eagle Talon, keeps killing Alternator & Battery

I had a 1991 Eagle Talon, I sold to a Co-Worker, (big mistake) anyway, when I bought the car it needed an alternator and a battery, so I changed them out, well my co-worker has called me twice now and said that the alternator and battery were bad again, so I exchanged them and replaced it, now she tells me they are bad again, she took it to a dealer, she also said the seat belts have stopped working. It sounds like an electrical problem to me, but I don?t know, has anyone had this problem and if so what was done to rectify the problem? PLEASE HELP

Reply to
vaneck34

The seat belt circuit is always hot, e.g. belt will retract from simply opening a door, so that would definitely be a place to look. Perhaps one of the belts is stuck midway in a track causing a breaker to cycle on & off, eventually kiiling the battery. Conversely, if the battery is completely dead for any reason, the seatbelts won't retract.

Reply to
Geary Morton

Has somebody checked the "sense" lead in the battery/alternator circuit, for opens. Mitsubishi alternators have an input lead marked as "S". this monitors the battery voltage for the regulator (in the alternator). If the "S" input "sees" a fully charged battery, it turns off the alternator output, if it sees a lower voltage than 13.8 volts it turns on the alternator so as to charge the battery. If this wire is open or has a corroded connector on it the battery voltage will be read as less than 13.8 volts, and the alternator will turn on, thus over charging, and eventually killing the battery.

Reply to
Nirodac