95 eagle talon help

I'm hoping someone can help me with this, my 95 talon broke down the other day, engine stopped but was able to pop start it right away and get to side of road. It sounded like I was driving on a flat tire and there are burn holes in the fireproof covering on the inside of the hood near the pcv valve. Any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance Brian

Reply to
Brian

Wow, that is a strange one. I have a 95 Eagle Talon also. Is yours TURBO? You said you had to POP START IT? Wouldn't the starter work? Did you battery short out to the hood? Check your battery connections. Other wise the only other things I can think of is that you blew a spark plug/plugs out of the hole and they hit the hood or you have not changed your pcv regularly and you had a bad build up of vapors in your oil pan and you had a minor explosion and it blew out the pcv and burnt the pad. Hard to tell without seeing it.

GOOD LUCK

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

As far as pop starting it, I was on the highway and was just natural thing to do, I haven't tried starting it yet as the battery is now dead. It's a non turbo, and the pvc I'm thinking is the more likely suspect. Burns aren't by the battery and it's more toward the winshield then the plugs. I'll check it out though, thx.

Brian

Reply to
Brian