2002 Eclipse

About a week ago when I pressed the gas the car would jerk a little. Today if i press the gas too hard it would somewhat stall with little jerks in between until I let up on teh gas and push the gas softer. What do you think may be wrong with my car? Just need a little light on this problem so I would know what to tell a mechanic what it could be if I can't fix it myself. -thanx

Reply to
devaughnt

A little more info would be nice...how many miles on this pile? Could be a fuel filter or pump, evaporative loss canister, crimped fuel tank vent hose......TG

Reply to
TG