FTO Engine Number

Can someone please tell me where to look for the engine number on the engine in my FTO. Engine is 2L Mivec V6. Want to check that the number on the engine is the same as shown on the data plate.

Thanks

Reply to
Lugnut

had similar troubles on a friends car it would be unusual if the engine had been replaced/changed--the exeption for this would be an ex race car on the bulk head you will see the model number stamped (open bonnet look at the flat metal to the rear of the engine you should see a stamped mark DE3A or similar you should also se an ally plate---this should give you the engine style--6A12 etc) pulling the engine out tomorrow----but would imagine the numbers are on the block let you know

Reply to
Timberwolf

There are some things about this car (including previous owners) that make me feel that the engine may have been changed. Therefore I wish to check the engine number stamped on the block against that shown on the data plate on the bulkhead/firewall just to make sure. Appreciate you letting me know where you find it on the engine block that you are pulling. Thanks

Reply to
Lugnut

Hey Timberwolf did you ever find the engine number on that FTO engine block?

Luggy

Reply to
Lugnut

Welcome to the UK---was a touch damp for the last few days as i have to do it outside--precipitation permitting i will play on thursday

Reply to
Timberwolf