Galant Brake Fluid Cap

Hi,

I've got a 1996 Mitsubishi Galant V6 24V Auto (and I still love it after nearly nine years!).

A warning light has recently appeared on the dash and it points to the brake fluid needing to be topped up.

Is there anything I should know about removing the cap on the brake fluid resevoir? It's on so tight it's not budging at all. At least five people have tried to unscrew it for me but it's just not moving!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Sonars UK

Reply to
Sonars_UK

Theres nothing special about the cap,Its just an ordinary screw cap Turn anticlockwise to undo . If its not been opened for some time you might have to put quite some pressure on it to break the bonding. If the fluid level has decreased i would check the wear on the brake pads ,as decreased fluid usually indicates severe pad wear . Very rare to find brake fluid leaks on the galant .

Reply to
Jonny