Headlight bulb replacement

Does anyone know where I might find a web site that illustrates how to change the light bulb in a headlamp for a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder? Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mizzle

Reply to
mizzle

'01 spyder? hot! i drive an alloy green '03 spyder. the light bulb change is actually quite simple. you can actually do it without taking out the whole clear headlight housing piece if you have small hands.

first you have to pull off the rubber surround piece. it's on really tight so you really have to be patient. there are two tabs that you can hold on to but the best way i found was to use a screwdriver and CAREFULLY pry around the edges. the rubber kinda wraps around the metal flange thing underneath like how a bottle cap goes on a bottle. anyway, once you get that off there's a metal clip holding the bulb in place. undo the clip by pushing down and moving to the right, kinda like opening a safety pin, and you're ready to change the bulb!

disconnect bulb from the connector plug and put in new bulb. insert bulb into socket, put the clip back on the back of the bulb, rewrap rubber around flange, and you're all done!

...at least i think that's how it goes, i've only changed the bulbs once and that was a while ago so the procedures may not be in the exact sequence described above. i've modified the headlights to use 35watt high intensity discharge bulbs that are supposed to last 3500 hours. If I did the math correctly, my next bulb change will be due in 2036! (hopefully i'll be driving something different by then)

anyway, end rant. good luck! let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Reply to
Tom.Wen