Help please!

My Hyundai dealer tells me that my engine needs a replacement "Stepper Motor" but it is delisted. Anyone know where to get new or used working unit for 1600 DOHC Mitsubishi designed engine of 1991 heritage. The auto is a Hyundai Lantra 1.6 (DOHC) GLS

Reply to
Sloworm

Those things are all over Ebay. Start with this page that explains what this little sucker does.

The cheapest way to obtain them is by purchasing a throttle body. You can often find the complete throttle for $20 U.S. Check with salvage yards in your area.

This throttle body has the isc (idle control stepper motor), it's the tan colored component:
This is a newer Elantra throttle body and it appears to be the same stepper.

Simpleton