How to replace burnt out speedometer lights?

Hey guys... a bulb behind my speedometer and temperature gauge burned out on my 00 Eclipse..anyone know how I can replace them? Is it as simple as reaching up from the pedals and replacing a bulb or is it more indepth? What do I have to do? thanks!

Reply to
ano316gamer

Assuming its like earlier years, the gauge pod has to be removed as a unit, and the light bulb replaced. You'll likely have to get the bulbs from the dealer, but first you need know what they are.

Look for a couple of screws that hold the gauge bezel in place. Once the bezel is removed, there's more screws that hold the pod in place. Once these are out, the pod just lifts and rotates out.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS