Lancer 1500 Running Rough

Hi - my 1993 Proton 1500 (A rebadged Mitsubishi Lancer 1500) runs roughly on tickover and 'misses' when driven hard when cold.

Is this a problem that anyone else has had? If so can you please email or post the solution. My Peugeot had a similar problem that turned out to be a pressure sensor in the inlet manifold, but I'd like to make sure before I buy one.

All the Proton's electrics have 'made in Japan' and Mitsubishi logos on them, obviously the Japanese suppliers continued their supply once the tooling was moved to Malaysia.

Adam H

Reply to
Adam H

Start with replacing the plug wires and have the valve tappets adjusted.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Hi; When did it have a service last, could be a number of things. Timing, bad spark plugs, if you have a timing light check to see if your timing is out. Other than that, if you can take it to a local workshop and have it tuned and watch. Once you know how easy it is, you will want to do it yourself

Peter

Reply to
Peter