Mitsu 3.8 V-6 timing belt

I am going to get an "04 Galant GTS. What is the maintenance interval for timing belt replacement (3.8 liter V-6)? I test drove a few and holy @#$% are they fast, I mean the acceleration feels like a V-8! Also has very strong brakes, WHAT THE ?....

JB

Reply to
JB³

Welcome to the all new Mitsubishi. Remember when a few years ago you'd die laughing at Hyundai and then they got serious? Mitsu was never as bad as Hyundai, but it's decided to take serious strides forward. They are attempting to overtake Nissan and Honda by around

2005-2006 and then start going after Toyota for the #1 make in the US. If you drive things like the new Lancers, Endeavors, and the all new Galant you will see that they are right on track. Then you can toss the Evo into the mix.. ;)

As for the belts it likely lists replacement at 60k miles but most are okay up to about 75k

Reply to
DragonRider