My '93 3000GT is emitting black smoke!!!

the coolant light went on when I do sharp turns. And while driving there was a clacking/tapping, so I put 2 qts oil. clacking stopped.

while driving, the car emitted black smoke from the back twice before I realized it was my car.

put water in coolant reservoir. Had it towed and inspected, nothing wrong with coolant system, was tested, came out clean.

Smoke came out again.

I know nothing about cars, could I have put too much oil in the car? The oil indicator is way above the max line on the stick. . .

thanks.

Reply to
jc76

Go and have the oil changed, so the level is correct. Having too much oil is NOT a good thing.

After you oil change, take it over to a local AutoZone or Advance and ask them to see if any codes have been set by the computer. They do not charge to read the codes. It's free If no codes were set, drive the car and keep an eye on it. If you have problems again, post up a message on the forum at

Good luck

Reply to
Richie Rich

AutoZone couldn't pull the codes from my 92 VR-4... they said the ECU was too old for their equipment. Probably the same all around.

Reply to
Jobe

Cars of '96 and newer are required (in USA) to have OBDII diagnostics (On Board Diagnostics 2), which is generic rather than unique to each manufacturer ~ apparently AutoZone has this software only. Many independent shops like mine have the older Asian software and adaptors; make a few calls ~ the cost MAY be reasonable. Dealers can help you, but $40 to $75 to pull codes is not reasonable, IMHO.

DC3

Reply to
DC3Gooney