Need a couple of engine Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs)

Well, I've gotten tired of the oil leak from the head gasket on my Expo LRV, and the leak's gotten worse, so I've taken the engine apart to fix it. I'm having the head resurfaced and valves ground. The dealer's folks are surprisingly uncommunicative about this problem, and based on the number of TSBs on it, I gather it is quite common. It was a shame to have to to take everything apart just for this, since the compression was quite good and there were no water leaks. The oil leak was at the right front corner, under the distributor and over the clutch, from head-to-block seam, from the oil gallery that carries oil under pressure to the camshaft bearings.

The problem is that when I put it back together I want to avoid a recurrence. There seem to be several TSBs on this problem as Mitsubishi struggled to fix it. I have the complete factory shop books, but want the updates to get this right. The dealer won't help.

Here are the relevant TSBs:

9215001 MAR 92 Engine - Intake Manifold Bolt/Nut Torque Revision 9211003 JUL 92 Engine - Revised Cylinder Head Bolt Torques 9311004 MAY 93 Engine - Valve Clearance Manual Revision 9411003 AUG 94 Engine - Head and Main Bolt, Rod Nut Torque Revision 9611002R APR 96 Engine - Revised Nut & Bolt Tightening Specifications 0011006 JUN 99 Engine - Valve Lash Adjuster Cleaning Procedure

I would very much appreciate it if someone could send PDFs of these or fax them, or even summarize them to the news group.

Thanks in advance.

Laurence Marks

Reply to
Laurence Marks