Noise with 93 Eclipse GS

1993 Eclipse GS 16v auto

Whenever there's a load (going up hill mainly) and I accelerate(usually around 2500RPM), there seems to be some sort of tinkering noise coming from the backend, possibly the exhaust? I know that's a little vague, but from that description, do any of you have any suggestions as to what could be causing the noise?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Carl

If it IS exhaust, you should be able to crawl under the car and find something loose.

Does the ticking increase with speed? Do you hear it cornering hard? It maybe wheel bearings, they will make a ticking sound and a easy to replace. Jack it up and see if there is any play in the rear wheels, grab top and bottom and wiggle, both sides and wiggle. If your state does safety inspections, they may actually remove a wheel to inspect and they may not retighten to the correct torque specs. Happened to me, they inspected my car and two months later I had to replace rear wheel bearing......

Reply to
Gorf