OIL LEAK Mitsubishi Legnum 2.5lt V6 st 97

OIL LEAK Mitsubishi Legnum 2.5lt V6 st 97 Single overhead cam. I have just replace the tappet cover gaskets and pcv valve on top on the front cover. But is still leaking oil from somewhere. ? Oil on the bottom exhaust bolts on both sides of the Vee. Any idea where the oil would be coming from. or what gasket is leaking ?

Reply to
daverhd

Look closely at the rocker cover gasket, as some times it can leak even tho you have replaced the gasket. My magna, with the 4 cylinder engine leaks badly if i dont apply the gasket glue correctly, if there are any round points in your engine such as cam guide or such, this is where it will leak.

Good luck

Peter Australia

Reply to
Peter

Check you PCV system. SOmetimes it can get blocked and pressurise the crankcase and the easiest place for something to leak is at the valve covers.

-SP

daverhd wrote:

Reply to
speedy