Purchasing a 2004 Evo VIII

To the Group: I am seriously considering trading my 2002 Eclipse GT for an IMMACULATE

2004 Evo VIII. It appears to be a gorgeous car, previously owned by a cop how traded it for a 2006 EVO MR. It has what I consider to be higher than average milage on it at 37,000 but it has all the service records with it. It was sold by the dealership that is selling it now and Ihave an excellant realationship with them since I have bought 4 Mitsu from them in the past 7 years. Any ideas, thoughts, comments, criticisims would be appreciated. I'm ready for this car. Have always wanted one. Hey, at least it has a usable back seat. Thanks for any input you may have.

Kestrel

Reply to
Kestrel

If I needed 4 new cars in 7 years I would look at another brand of car. Scott

Reply to
zonie

I just sold a 2003 EVO (to carmax), Blue really nice shape with 33,000. The EVO's are fun and I loved it, but it was expensive to own. The tires dont last, well anything sticky. It was just expensive, I will miss it though. I had it for two and a half years. Took it to a couple of track days, which were really fun. I believe the 37k will just put it out of warranty, although not sure for an 04 though.

Well good luck with the purchase. BTW, how much were they asking?

Reply to
lwg

They are asking 24,900 but, I'm dealing a little with them. It is out of warranty but I will purchase an extended one seeing as how I have found them very practical in the past.

To the idiot that suggested my buying 4 cars in 7 years from the same Mitsu Dealer indicated that I should look at a different make.....Shut the F up!.

2 cars every 3 1/2 years is not bad. I tend to trade them in before they completely loose any value. My wife is on her second Diamante and loves it and I'm on my second Eclipse and I adore it. May you need to find another group since you obviously don't like Mitsus.
Reply to
Kestrel

not bashing on anyone

i have a 1990 mitsubishi eclipse handed over to by my brother whom my dad brough for him when he was 17 in 1990. it has 200K miles and still in running condition. but almost nothing of GST is orignial anymore. i think the turbo is next in line to fail. i also have a 2000 pathfinder whom my dad got me when i was 16 in 2000. that is still running in great condition and everything is original has 110Kmiles. those pathfinder are just awesome. so thats around 2 cars in the pass 16 years or one original pathfinder in almost 6 years.

Reply to
AirborneDSM