Re: 1 VDO odometer ( mechanical ) has 1 design flaw

This meter works with Mitsubishi 4G15P engine : my unit

1st failed @70,000 km. I suspect manufacturer purposely uses a round hole & rod ( I cannot believe any mechanical engineer can overlook such a basic requirement i.e. gears / at least 1 flat edge, to transfer torque ) so this wheel will slowly lose grip, to make users buy new meters. Any1 has a similar experience with a VDO odometer ?
Reply to
TE Chea