Register auto in california

I am new to this group and I apologize if this has been asked before. I own a 2003 Eclipse which I bought new in Vermont meeting their emission standards. My son is moving to San Francisco and I am going to give him this car. He will register it in California. Does anyone know approximately how much it will cost to bring this car up to Calif. standards. Thanks, Richard

Reply to
rgoldste

I don't think he will have to do anything but pay about $300 smog fee while registering the car. Call Cal DMV to make sure though.

OT: you can tell your son the dating scene is a bitch in and, especially, around The City. California in general, and bay area in particular attracts the most gawd awful women on the planet (I'm talking about looks, lots of those women have nice character).

Reply to
Body Roll