RVR Floods passenger side floor compartment Floods when it rains

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi RVR and it floods when it rains. The door panel and area around the door show leakage so I decided to replace the weatherstripping. I am replacing the weatherstripping on the door first, but there is a catch. somehow the weathersripping is behind what looks like a straight hinge. There is a flat peice of metal that connects the door to the frame, it goes into the door, is attached to the car body by what looks like a pin and attached to the car door by 2 bolts.

Has anyone else done anything similar? Please advise.

Thank you

Gregg Rankin Living in Japan

Reply to
Tirog