tonight there were floods

I was out photographing the floods here tonight (tidal floods), many roads closed etc. photo's coming to the bbc website soon. anyway, old muffin performed admirably wading through water up to the bottom of the doors (and a bit more), never skipped a beat, didn't even flinch. a good job too as we did it 6 times on our round trip. I love my job.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Why, did you have to keep going back to collect more pretty girls?

Reply to
Mother

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {m} @"@101fc.net wrote on 28/10/04 12:52 pm:

Mermaids perhaps?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Twas Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:40:42 +0100 when Nikki Cluley put finger to keyboard producing:

you folks have got me figured out...

the photos are on the bbc cornwall website now..

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

What were these shot on? Digital or Film?

Mark @ Fujifilm

87 RR V8 EFI
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mr.Nice. at snipped-for-privacy@-nospam-clara.co.uk wrote on 28/10/04 2:00 pm:

Must be quite spectacular to watch. Most we get in land locked Leicester is for the canal and river to "get out" as the kids say.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Hi Mark did you get any photos of the Boscastle floods. I lived there in the 1960's before I married and eventually came to Australia. Would be intrested to get a look at any.

Reply to
Simon Mills

Twas Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:55:06 GMT when "Mark Solesbury" put finger to keyboard producing:

All digital. Olympus.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:29:12 +0100 when Nikki Cluley put finger to keyboard producing:

It is far more impressive in the real, photo's don't quite covey the alarming speed of the rising water. There were quite a crowd of sightseers making work trickier for us photo-types I managed to out-do most of the freelancers due to my local knowlage but the bbc tv crew had it sussed.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Fri, 29 Oct 2004 03:13:31 GMT when "Simon Mills" put finger to keyboard producing:

No I didn't get any up there, I was, tied up on another job at the time. I think there are still photo's of that on the bbc news website.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I saw a puddle about 2" deep at the end of my road last year, good job I had good new tyres just firred to my RR or it could have been a problem!

AlunP

Reply to
Alun P

Had a ringer did they?