Strange sound coming from brakes on Colt

Hello everybody,

I've got a strange problem with my Mitsubishi Colt from 1990. The first 5 minutes when I drive the car, the rear brakes made a very weird slurping, gargling sound. (I hope the translation/ explanation is good) After a wile when the brakes are warmer, the sound goes away and the brakes work fine.

Does somebody know how this comes and how to resolve it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Greets from the Netherlands.

Reply to
Russell

For discs

May be rust on the discs, or brake pad/disc debris collecting in the caliper.

Take the pads out, noting where the shims go, and carefully use an old screwdriver/chisel/scraper to clean brake dust and rust out of the caliper, particularly the points where the brake pads are located in the caliper. Dont damage the piston rubber gaiter.

For drum brakes

Much the same, clean the dust out - just don't breathe it. Exercise the shoes very gently by a small amount - with the drum off - with the brake pedal - get someone else to help, and check the shoes operature smoothly. You need to be carefull otherwise you can pop the wheel cylinder piston out !!

Check the brkaes carefully after reassembly at low speed on a quiet road ......

CW

Reply to
C W

Hello, thanks for your reply... I'm working on recording this strange sound so I can make a mp3 of it.... it sounds like the repairs you describe are not quite easy to do...? Maybe it's better to go to a garage with my problem.

When I have the sound recorded, I'll post it here!

Thanks.

"C W" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Russell

Your not allowed to post a file to this newsgroup. You may get some flack for doing so. Your best bet is to supply a link to the file. I'm not sure where you can host the file unless you have personal webspace with your ISP.

Reply to
Richie Rich

Of course, you're right.. I'll put it on a website somewhere and post the link here... now I need to find out how to record the sound...

"Richie Rich" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Russell