UK galant auto box problems

UK spec 1995 Galant 2.0 V6/24V Auto

After 90,000 miles my gearbox failed. The mechanics said the overdrive clutch had disintigrated. To repair it would cost £1500. They said get a used one. After two weeks I got one only to find its the wrong one. Sent it back found another this time the right one and it won't work . It has no reverse and only third and then slips into default mode

The suppliers don't know why cos it cam e from a running car.The mechanics don't know why.

Do any of you well informed peeps know why?

Reply to
basha

The suppliers have probably spun you a yarn ????

did you test drive the car it reportedly came out of ?

the mechanics don't want to hash around with second hand crap ??????

Reply to
streetwise

Nah transmission came from a reputable dismantler. They are changing it

The mechanics wouldn't have fiited would they?

But I have been told that the battery must be disconnected for the computer or ECU to boot up again. Is this true

thekgb

Mail me at webmaster at auroranet.co.uk

Reply to
basha