Vehicle shake

Hi guys. I'm new to this site and i've already found out a lot of interesting information that I was not aware of.

But I do have a problem and I've ALWAYS wondered if only I had it or it was common with my car.

I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Galant GS DOHC 2.0. It has 202,600 miles right now. My dad rebuilt the top of the engine about a year and a half ago and it's been great ever since then. This car was purchased new, and about 8 years into it's life it started to shake at idle or when in gear at a light, i usually put in neutral for relief as it's usually quite intense, and it's only gotten worse as the years have gone by. and in my opinion it idles kind of low, around 600 rpm. It always shakes at the two given times, other than that its a great car, the tranny is original, so is pretty much everything else, the car has been meticulously maintained and looks showroom new inside and out, the front end suspension has all been replaced if that matters at all. Anyway, Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I would love to get rid of that shaking. :lol:

-John

Reply to
DcnS600

Assuming it has fairly new plugs and wires, clean the throttle body and the AIS thoroughly. Also drop a can of Techron fuel injector cleaner into the gas tank to make sure your fuel injectors are clean and operating properly.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

----- Original Message ----- From: "DcnS600"

On the top of the throttle body is a 10mm round black cover. Under this is the idle speed screw. With the engine hot, turn this screw to increase the idle speed to about 750 rpm.

Inspect the front and rear roll stopper bushes, esspec the front one (on the center member, between the rad and block), for damage.

Another cause of the shakes is the torque converter, but since this has been happening for 5 years, its likely something else.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS