Angle grinding

You will. If I can manage it on a 20 year old car, you can on yours. You need to exercise a little effort and use the right tool for the job.

Reply to
Conor

Ack! That's insight for you!

I wouldn't say mashed up. I prefer to use the term "refactored".

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

They've gotten me out of every similar hole in the past. My favourite tool, actually.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

Well mole grips are totally crap for that kind of job. But since you have refactored them use a stilson wrench, they will not slip. At worst they will snap something off! And a bit of heat.

And I dont mean a 36 inch one!

Reply to
Burgerman

IME a socket or sockets are clumsy tools to use for that particular job. Better to use two ring spanners. Less chance of bending the brackets. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Providing you don't actually want to reuse the nut/bolt.

Reply to
Conor