another for elder (slightly more serious)

i kinda like this myself!

when my BM is paid up i think i'll get a banger with a gas conversion instead of something new and diesel like i've been thinking bout.

Reply to
Vamp

Heh. I'm not sure you have entirely grasped the concept of 'sensible' yet Vamp. You lucky sod...

That will probably return sub 20s mpg on LPG (Urban cycle is ~13mpg!), so probably still as expensive to run as the celsior. AND it'll cost a metric shedload to fix when it does go wrong (probably - I have heard that old merc parts are pretty cheap from the dealers, but this could be for relative values of 'cheap'...)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Bits for the W126 can be scary cheap or frighteningly expensive. Front wings are insanely cheap ~£25 isn't unheard of, but the relays can be £300 and above.

The 560 motor is pretty bombproof though, as long as the timing chains are quiet, it'll do another 100k miles.

Reply to
Pete M

ok i admit i am still new to this 'sensible' thing :)

hey anything with 4 seats and a big-ish boot is sensible!

Reply to
Vamp