Kia Rio 2006 tyre wear outside edge only on the drivers side

Hi I have a Kia Rio (diesel 1500) 56 model, I've just noticed that one of the tyres is wearing on the outside edge, if this hard been on both front tyres I'd have suspected the tracking. Just wondering if anybody has any ideas what the cause could be? SB

Reply to
soundboy

Alignment. Likely you've hit a curb or pothole with that wheel and now it's got a bit too much toe-in.

All of our cars get the same problem every 20,000 to 30,000 km with the passenger side front wheel because of all the high-speed left hand turns we do when turning onto our laneway (gravel) coming from town.

Reply to
Dominic Richens

cheers - it needs servicing soon - the tyres had it now - will get them to replace it and realign - wish I had checked it more often now..

SB

Reply to
soundboy

Where you at that you can buy a Diesel Kia (and spell tire the way you do:) ? I'd love to have something like that, but here Mercedes and VW are about the only passenger car Diesels you can buy. While I'm at it, I've been thinking about a new Rio. We have the Cash for Clunker program where you can get up to a $4500 voucher for trading a gas guzzler in on a new fuel efficient car. I've got a junk 84 Delta 88 that should easily qualify. Any opinions on the Rio, and what they might sell for in the US? All I am looking for is auto trans, a/c and possibly cd. Thanks Larry BTW, I'm in S. Texas so good a/c is the most important thing on a car to me. To me. if the a/c is no good, the car is no good. Kia a/c good? If the program is still on(it has been extremely successful and is about out of money) and I can get one at a price I like, I will try to rent one for a weekend and try it out. Thanks again!

Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331