Anyone near Aberdeen?

I'd have been sorely tempted to doctor it in some subtle way, but I can't think what.

Reply to
Halmyre

Is it?

Only I've always found him to be bordering on Baddiel levels of unfunniness...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Stayprests and Ben Shermans. Memories of my youth. He was very nice. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

IMHO, yes.

I haven't.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I quite enjoy watching Harry Hill, TV Burp is ruined a bit for me by what appears to be bad canned laughter.

Yes, but you are Colin Hunt. You're 'maaaad'. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Makes a change from Rab C Nesbitt, I guess...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

And to think I used to respect your opinions at times...

"Bag o' Shite" sums up Messr Hills 'act', IMHO.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I don't watch Rab C Nesbitt, I live it everyday.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not canned. The audience are well 'warmed up' and all fans. The show goes straight through with no stops. There might be the odd retake that requires sweetening with dubbed reaction, but usually few.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah well, its not even canned laughter. I do feel there's something strange about the laughter on TV Burp. As if the program feels it needs to reassure its audience at home which bits are funny. I find it mildly irritating.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've not watched the recent series but can give a general comment. If the sound mixer is 'aggressive' with the audience fader it can sound far worse than 'canned' laughter. I've dubbed audience reaction onto progs with no audience present where I'd defy anyone to know - but it requires the talent to leave suitable gaps for the laffs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can I sell you a new keyboard?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Wasn't that Paul Calf AKA Steve Coogan?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Nope, but if you have brain/finger interface to spare, I'll have one of those.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2