Honda training materials?

I'm looking for Honda-specific training material, the sort that factory techs would have (or have had) access to. These would describe in great detail the exact function of Honda's engine management systems.

I have many OEM Honda service manuals, but their description and explanation of engine management is sketchy at best, boiling down to a very basic description plus flowchart troubleshooting.

This is an example of what I'm looking for: The poster quotes verbatim from a Honda OBD training manual that gives the function of the Idle Air Control Valve, which is a highly important component in the Honda engine management scheme.

There are resources available through a couple of auction sites, and I've asked several sellers for the details of their wares. Only one has replied so far. This one says his manual is paper-based and is not OEM Honda, but is from an outfit called "Jendham". They're at

American Honda has a large amount of exactly what I want online, but ONLY for those with US billing addresses. I reside in Canada, so I'm SOL for that. And Honda Canada has no equivalent.

Any suggestions? Is "Jendham" worth buying?

Reply to
Tegger

Steve W.

"Steve W." wrote in news:h1hhbf$fj4$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Thanks, but these are unavailable to Canadian residents, as I stated in my original post.

Apparently American Honda offers this service as a result of federal legislation, so they restrict access to those within the legislative area.

Reply to
Tegger

Is your issue that you have a Canadian IP address and that it decides you are in Canada due to that? If so, try using a web proxy in the US.

Or, is your issue that you want to order paper copies and have them shipped and they won't ship them to Canada? If that's the case, surely a friend in the US (maybe one of us) would be willing to forward them to you.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Hmm, they don't show that in the info. Sorry.

However there are other ways around that. If you want them I would bet that one of the crew on here would be more than happy to help.

How far away from the border are you? Maybe get a rental box in the US? Or set up a trading box with one of the folks on here you think you can trust...

Reply to
Steve W.

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:h1ir09$hri$ snipped-for-privacy@panix2.panix.com:

You need to pay for this stuff. In order to pay, you have to give a billing address, which is part of your credit card information. My billing address is on the wrong side of the border. I even contacted American Honda by phone to be certain of this.

This may be necessary. The GasSavers.org guy has said he's got something he will email me, but he has not done so yet. I'm going to wait and see how that pans out first.

Reply to
Tegger

"Steve W." wrote in news:h1iu34$jr0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

You need to get most of the way through the online transaction, have it fail on you, then phone American Honda to find out why. Then they tell you.

It might come to that...

I wish I could ask my mechanic, who is an absolute wizard with this stuff. But he's not the most approachable person, so I tend to deal with him only when I absolutely need critical help nobody else can give.

I'd have to set up a credit card with a US billing address. My wife (who works in banking) says it's not worth it.

"Trading box"? What's that?

Reply to
Tegger

That is a PO box in the name of a US person. You use their name and that address for the transactions. They go to the PO and pick up a check from you, repack the item and send it to you. OR if they live on the border they come over for a visit! I know a few folks who do this because they buy parts online that they cannot find in the north. It's a PIA but it works.

Reply to
Steve W.

If he's a wizard, he's your best bet. What if you approached him with an incentive...say a quality adult beverage or other appropriate offering... perhaps he might open up a bit.

If he's just an ahole, he'll still want your money and still be your wizard.

Nothing ventured..

HTH Ben

Reply to
ben91932

"Steve W." wrote in news:h1k33t$hf7$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

No reply from the Web site guy yet...

Another problem. Check out the descriptions accompanying the materials listings from Honda: then choose "click here for detail".

How on earth am I supposed to know exactly what kind of information is in the document with sketchy descriptions like that?

Reply to
Tegger