Bangernomics!!!

Yes I'm participating in Bangernomics, today I acquired a 1994 Mondeo Turbo Diesel with the small sum of 221,000 miles on it. Needs a straight bonnet, bit of rot on rear quater doing and Tax/MOT. Drives nice and brakes straight.

Total cost £2.60. I brought the chap a pint for it.

So lets see how long I can run a car without spending any money on it bar Diesel.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

3 weeks after you do an Iain Dingsdale and the turbo dies :P.
Reply to
Doki

"Doki" wrote

whatever happened to him? will there be a Hugo Taylor Jones style comeback - only to be bullied out of sight again? :)

Reply to
Fishman19

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

You see that fueling screw. Won't cost any money unless you get it wrong :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Disappeared because everyone was laughing at him too much. If you really heavily overfuel a diesel turbo does the turbine start running like a jet turbine?

Reply to
Doki

I lasted about 2 months in a Volvo doing absolutely no work. Except topping the oil up with some used stuff i found in the shed (tight me? nah never), AND its still in perfect working order. Reckon you can beat that?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Kids can be so cruel....

Reply to
Gareth A.

21 was cheaper/taxed/tested/lower mileage AND i sold the alloys for 100yoyos.

Had to pay money for the headgasket and timing belt tho :(

-- Chet

Reply to
Chet

Good lord - £2.60 for a pint.

Most expensive one of the many i had last night was Stella at £1.69 :)

Reply to
Dan405

yer well at least we get a nice shiny pint glass to drink from, not a plastic jug.

Reply to
Theo

Plastic? We get paper :)

Reply to
Dan405

Hello Doki.

09 Feb 04 22:28, you wrote to snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com:

D> 3 weeks after you do an Iain Dingsdale and the turbo dies :P.

What is that?

Pardon my ignorance.

Sergey

... The lab called: your brain is ready

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-031023

Reply to
Sergey Vizgunov

Iain Dingsdale bought a Mondeo turbo diesel from someone on the group (Jackhac?) and after he'd had it a while he decided he'd like it to go a bit quicker, so he increased the fuelling, and then a few weeks later he posted about the turbo making funny noises.

Reply to
Doki

Did he blow the turbo on his mondy??

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'm still here :)

Whatever happened to you Fishman? You quit posting for months!

Hugo T-J

Reply to
Hugo Taylor-Jones

"Hugo Taylor-Jones" wrote

LOL! This has to be a fix up. I've not had anything interesting car wise - Diesel Rover 825 so just been lurking.

Got another flippin dedra turbo. Causing me aggro already :/

Reply to
Fishman19

I've just looked on google groups, and now I'm not sure. There certainly were posts to the effect of "Where do I get a new turbo", but there were also posts saying "Someone I've phoned says it's the exhaust manifold". And then were the posts saying "I need a new car, ideas?".

Reply to
Doki

If i had your money - i'd buy a noble - then come back and try wind up all these poor people by telling them about it :D

Reply to
Dan405

Back from the dead.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

And to that, I say "HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA".

That Ian guy was a gimp :)

Reply to
Nom