BMW sold

What would you do with it after that? I mean like, surely if you fixed it, you'd have to keep it because it'd be hard to sell it with it showing a Cat C on the HPi check? Although if you can get it fixed cheap for like, 1/4 of the payout value, then you could run it till it dies, and you'd have a few grand to frivolousy spend on Wine Gums! [1]

Of course, you could just hope that the buyer doesn't do a HPi check ... ;-)

[1] Well I suppose Wine Gums may not be for everyone :-)
Reply to
DanB

Either sell it on and claw some of my losses back that way, assuming they let me have it cheap enough, or as you say, repair it and use it.

So long as it's proven to be jigged straight, then if it could be back on the road cheaply and with me owing nothing on it, then it's worth considering, no?

If it works out I can buy it back and get it back on the road for under £2500 all in, then I reckon its worth doing given my mechanic mate is also mates with a local repairers and can possibly get it put on a jig fairly cheaply.

Heh... I'm not like that, believe it or not.

And even if they didn't do a HPI check, the logbook will show it's been on the register...

Reply to
JackH

legally you have to declare a cat c or d car! and as jack said these days it's on the blue bit (i think) of the log book on the front of most cars under special notes. i should know for sure looking at V5's 5 days a week but i don't lol

Reply to
Vamp

So, you'd have to settle on a pay out eventually, then if you pay to keep it (aren't these prices often HFM for stuff that's not just rusty old shit?) and pay to repair it, won't you be perilously close to the settlement figure, and indeed possibly costing yourself more? Forgive me if I'm been terribly simple it just seems a bit of a risky gamble :-)

I have a feeling buying it off the insurance company can be surprisingly pricey, but I suppose, given the value they're trying to get you to accept, it can't be more than like, £2k?

My mates brother had his Saxo repaired by the insurance 7 times iirc, and it was jigged 5 times :-) He was 17, it was that minging dark yellow they come in, need I say more?

Oh, I never knew that heh! You could've got me with that hehe, unless it's glaringly obvious?

Reply to
DanB

AKA 'piss yellow'.

When I considered a Xsara VTS several years ago, they were all that colour. Which is why I didn't buy one.

Reply to
SteveH

I like Wine Gums. Had some earlier today. Too many can get a bit annoying though.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

No.

You couldn't buy Saxos in that colour.

Reply to
DanB

If you're a trader, maybe. But as a private seller, you don't have to declare it unless they ask.

Reply to
DanB