Bored bored bored

Thanks for the links, I'll take a gander over the next day or two.

Reply to
DervMan

I think you can drop "mid-range" from that sentence, it would just pull, heh! :)

Hmmmmmm bit heavy. Wouldn't want it to end up like the Clio V6 - all 1,300 kg of it!

Reply to
DervMan

Tim S Kemp

Well it was around that - I haven't actually plucked up the courage to dig up the receipts and figure out exactly what it was though!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

And the rest, the kerb weight of the new 255bhp Clio V6 is 1400 kilo. That makes it heavier than my 620 ffs :)

Reply to
Lordy

you must be a fool to pay main dealer prices for the same parts, copy standards are quite often better than the main dealer ones.

Reply to
Theo

is that continuous?

Reply to
Theo

tis a much heavier donk though, I wasnt keen on the old one, but the new tweaked clio seems rather nice.

Reply to
Theo

Not in my experience, and especially not with exhausts. Going back, when my Fiesta's mid pipe went, I bought a copy part. The fit was _appalling_, so much so that it broke the back box mounts. Bought a Ford exhaust, had no problems with it.

Ditto with my Cinquecento - copy part fitment was dreadful, and it resonated at approximately 2,500 rpm. Switched back to a Fiat system, no problems.

Reply to
DervMan

I don't think so, but Charlie reckons it is!

Reply to
DervMan

Ew! Ew ew ew ew ew! I would rather eat a mouldy cockroach sandwich than even contemplate putting a blown CVH donk into Kermit! :-/

Cutting and shutting? Err, no, not with the CVH donk. With the Puma donk, you do need a select few modifications.

You're making two *big* assumptions:

1) the blown CVH would retain its boost and power, unusual because even standard ones don't, and; 2) that I'm used to the Ka's output and haven't driven anything more powerful.

But, no no no no no no to a turbocharged CVH, or for that matter, _any_ CVH in there! Just don't go there!

Reply to
DervMan

Well worth the trip south for you, and well worth spending the money too!

Good luck with whatever zorst you get!

Alex

Reply to
ewizzy

"Blown" is the normal condition of a CVH is it not? Indeed all CVH engines in this state have constant boost and power output - zero and zero! heh heh :-)

Avoid at all costs.

The Dervboy

Reply to
DervBoy

That's _exactly_ what Ford did, though ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Heh!

We should meet up at some point, for a demonstration of the power of the mighty Endura-E! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Heh!

Surprisingly able!

Okay, so it's based on the Endura-E, but it's output is more like the 1.25 Zetec-SE. It drives well - like a hybrid between the two. You get most of the zingy revvy nature of the Zetec-SE combined with most of the gutsy low down thump of the Endura-E.

Good enough to swap one for Kermit? Not quite. A Ka TDCi, however, would be another matter . . .

Reply to
DervMan

Why would anyone want to tho, it's a terrible gutless donkey of an engine.

Reply to
Lordy

Actually, it's not even that bloody good.

/puttup!/

RST, in a Ka, never never never I'd rather drive a Corsa 1.0!

Reply to
DervMan

Woohoo! Nice looking site . . .

Reply to
DervMan

I'm off down there on the 29th of September with a mate, Hes getting a cat system to replace his HKS exhaust. Only trouble is he has to leave it for a week as they havent built one before on a '98 Honda Civic VTi Fortunately, If I manage to save the asking price they have the designs for my Prelude already so I can get one made in a day :D

Reply to
ewizzy