British Motor Show

Is there still a British Motor Show at the NEC in Birmingham each year in August? I've not been to one of these since I think it was 1999. I'm sure I heard somewhere they stopped doing them in Birmingham?

John

Reply to
John

I believe it is taking place in London, much to the pleasure of various hacks who think travelling beyond the M25 is tantamount to a trip to the dark side of the moon...

Reply to
Halmyre

You've got to be kidding me? I'm not going to London. Birmingham is easy to get to, its more central than London, and the facilities there are good. It would be easier for me to drive to the nearest Airport and go to the motor show in Frankfurt or Geneva.

John

Reply to
John

Heh. What I was driving at was that there are certain parts of the meeja who think London is the centre of the known universe and nothing of any importance could possibly be taking plae elsewhere!

Reply to
Halmyre

And it appears that people from not near London have the exact opposite attitude to travelling anywhere inside the M25.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I know you were and I agree. I can't believe they put it in London. It's no good for anyone else apart from people who live there. Hardly a British Motor Show anymore. Should change the name to London Motor Show.

John

Reply to
John

And you get a bit more than a trade show for press hacks and dealers which is all ExCeL can really cater for.

ExCeL exhibition floor space # A total of 65,000 sq m event space # South Hall - 32,000 sq m # North Hall - 32,000 sq m

NEC 2004 motor show - Around 100,000 sq metres of indoor exhibition space and a further 100 acres (400000m²) of outdoor facilities were used for this year?s event

Geneva Total exhibition space is 114000 m²

The exhibition hall in Frankfurt has 215,000 square meters of exhibition space

Shows how inadequate ExCeL is for an international event.

Reply to
Peter Hill

My memeorys of a trip to teh motor show in london was as follows...

Year 1998 (I think) November Venue Earls Court Took 6 hours to travel from manchester and 1 hour mooching round london back streets to find it Finally founf main car-park and was pleased Got in to the place - absolsulty heaving, couldn't see half the cars for the crowds got shafted for a hot dog, fries and coke for 2 of us at 11 quid !! Decided to f*ck off about 4pm Got the car park and was shafted again £15 for a ticket !! Got to my car, and pressed my centrel locking button got in the car tried to shut the passenger door and for some reason the lock had frozen shut again and I couldn't get the door to close. The passenger had to hold the door all the way back manchester (my girlfriend and she was not please about it. We finally stopped off at a services and managed to get some rope to tie it (we nicked it off a builders truck in the carpark..

Anyway got back about 4am - and was knackered - almost a 24 hour day...

I will not be going back to london for a car show... the only decent thing that made a highlight for the day was when some punk ripped Jo guests bar of and ran around shouting the fact and some big black guy whapped him out... Not sure whether it was a Jo Guest publicity stunt but we all got an eye full but the bra pincher got a black eye...

BTW the car was an Astra GTE !!

:(

Domestos

Reply to
Domestos

Ok... why don't you come to the show in Naples. Once you've been there, you'll never want to go again and driving to London will seem like going on holiday.

Tony (italy) Alias "Morpheus" Alfa 156 (2 edition)

Reply to
Morpheus

astra GTE lol bout right for that chav bitch. see you had a great day! :)

Reply to
Vamp

heathens!!!! the lot of you!!!! it's just down the road from me :p

Reply to
dojj

Well, yes, 'cos the inside of the M25 is a lot further away from most places, and people, than Birmingham is. It's also pretty horrible to get to and from. And it's full of Landanners :-P

Reply to
Albert T Cone