Burtonwood Services, Junction 8 of the M62...

...had a lot of 'modded' cars in this evening. Just near your patch isn't it Meatball/GT4 guy? Is it a regular thing or did we just stumble on a yearly meeting? We were most interested to see the mopeds leave, as they were going to have to go onto the motorway, complete with L's and 50cc engines :) We were just meeting a ebayer there to collect something, in my mates MR2, so we actually fitted in quite well, what with me wearing a hat and all :)

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Regular thing. Used to be Friday / Saturday night. Used to be quite good actually. Only about 10 miles from me as well.

Reply to
Pete M

Cool :) 98% of the cars there were shit :) And we KNEW we were on Merseyside when a s**te old, rustying blue transit came in, and started to try and do donuts :) Tyre smoke poured off one wheel :D Then there was the

4 youngsters, who appeared to be about 12, in the 54 plate, base spec Yaris, who did a wheelspin...
Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

The Transit van is the Scouse Staff car, as for the Yaris, that's bound to have been hired for the occasion :D

Reply to
Pete M

You should be part of the MSN clique, thats where all the cool NG peep's hang out at this time :)

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I don't know anyone's hotmail addy. Mine's grunty_70

Reply to
Pete M

Reminds me of Lakeside back in the early 90s..... ah.. misspent youth. (chuff knows what its like there now, live up norf nowadays).

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

I once rode my Honda MT50 with it's restricted exhaust still fitted onto the motorway. I was thinking about selling it and my dad knew somewhere that bought old bikes. So, he hopped in his car and said 'just follow me'. That bike could barely hit 30 on the flat. Thanks, dad!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Ah, that'd be you then. I'll unblock you.

Peter (who at one point got loads of people requesting to add him and blocked them due to not knowing half of them...)

-- "Diamonds are what I really need - think I'll rob a store, escape the law, and live in Italy. Lately, my luck has been so bad, you know the roulette wheel, it's a crooked deal, I'm losing all I had."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

"Chris B" remenisced:

I've still got my MT50 in the shed. Want to buy it for nostalgia?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Really? Secretly, yes. It was the only motorbike I ever owned, I was a really, REALLY bad rider (fell off twice quite badly in a year) and I hated it. But, the day I sold it, I suddenly realised that I would've had a lot of fun on it if I hadn't hated the thing so much - and I've wanted another bike ever since. I certainly wouldn't consider going over 125cc's on a bike as I really think I'd kill myself (seriously the way I fell off you wouldn't want anything fast either) - but yes, I do want a bike. I currently drive a Porsche 924 to work every day - a distance of maybe two miles... which may explain why my exhaust pipe rusted away from the inside out and blew apart last weekend, whilst still looking like new on the outside!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

"Chris B" said;

I fell of mine once on the road and by f*ck it hurt.

Fell off it many times in nice soft fields, still hurt, but much less of the going into shock and doing weird things stuff.

Aha! so what you need is a nice little commuter hack like my MT50! It'd only take you twice as long! That isn't a long time in 2 miles terms.

Go on. I dare you!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Both times I fell off, I bent the front forks and somehow managed to bend the gear selector and footrest up into the engine - it seemed weird because my leg was trapped under there as well. It did bloody hurt, but both times I was incredibly lucky as I just slid down busy roads on my side and somehow didn't hit anything, I just messed my knee/leg up sliding on the road. First time I fell off, I left the bike near where I fell off (a guy came out to help and said I could leave it in his back garden for a while) - later on in the day my dad came to look at it and told me it'd be fine to ride it home. Know what it's like riding a bike with bent forks, bent up gear selector and searing pain when you try to bend your leg? I do! Thanks again, dad! lol! Second time I fell off, I just got back on it and rode it home before my leg had enough time to register the pain... The worst part though, was waiting five hours in accident and emergency two days later when I still couldn't walk right and my knee looked like an utter mess only to be given some antibiotics and told it'd just take time to heal. My brother fell off the very same bike on ice and slid down the road. No injuries to himself and the only damage to the bike was a bit of the brake lever snapped off. He told me I 'didn't fall off right'

Whereabouts are you? It might actually be a good investment.. only thing putting me off is the fact I'll probably fall off again and - more importantly, of course, it's winter outside! BRRRRRrrrrrr! Too cold!! Plus, for two miles, I should just bloody ride a pushbike. I'm a lazy sod.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

I used to fall off my bike all the time. Would love a bigcc one, but the wife says the life insurance is not high enough atm. Something about being a mad f*ck... mumble mumble... ?

I used to come off my 125 regular.. and it was always handle bars and indicaor stems :(

Oh, and bloody clutch lever.