Car Valuation - Astra TD ??

Just been asked my opinion on the value of a car belonging to a friend of the family.

It's an S reg 1.7TD Astra, 5-door hatch, 1 lady owner from new, genuine

40,000 miles with full service history. Doubtful it's had a cambelt done in it's life as the interval's probably something like 5 years or 60,000 miles, and as it's only just over 5 years old it probably hasn't been done (I don't know the person so can't ask, a friend of my step-mum's). Oh, and it's apparently police spec (but was never actually used by the police) which if my mate's Mk4 1.7DTI Astra hatch is anything to go by, means it could be reasonably well specced - his has got rear discs and a bloody solid metal plate underneath the engine/subframe, which I don't think are particularly standard on your average 3-door diesel Astra hatch.

I'm thinking somewhere between £1500 and £2000, but nearer £1500 for a quick sale - what do people reckon?

Oh, and I may as well do my bit - would anyone be interested in buying it? Bear in mind it's probably due for a cambelt change (so budget around £200 for that).

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You need to provide more details: Is it new (the one just replaced) or old shape, 98S or 99S, Envoy or LS, with or without air-con?

Alec

Reply to
Alec

If its new shape, I'd reckon on double that. If its a Mk3, then yes thats about right.

Reply to
Michael Rodgers