Clean license & many V5s with my name on

Their M5 V8 powered 3 series looks like a 3 series I could own too.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Er, doesn't my Pug fit all those criteria ? I have no idea what the turning-circle is. There's *masses* of space with the back-seats folded - hell, they just lift out of the car too (yes, really !), if you want even more space.

Reply to
Nom

what one of these?

seems to be one door short of requirements.2: 0-100km/h 7.9 s, bet there is a 0-60mph somewhere that meets the7.5sec spec - if not an exhaust and chip should sort it.Fails on 3 - no hatch so no way you will get a shower door in it. Wellnot without bending the glass you won't, unless your boot/cabin parcelslot is way bigger than normal. And I doubt a bike will go in anywayround without disassembly.4: Can't find true frontal area, Cd 0.28, Assuming width x heightallowing 150mm ground clearance it's just a tad over 0.6, taking thetyre area into account will make it worse but it gets narrower at topso yes should be about 0.6m^2.Fails on 5 - 11.5m like just about everything else these days exceptthe MX5 (9.5m or have they fecked that up on the new model?).

Reply to
Peter Hill
[...]

I think I could come up with a coping strategy... :)

Alistair J Murray

Yes - this one

Ah, you want a hatchback then ?

The figures I have, range between 6.5s and 7.5s.

7.9s is conservative enough for me to tell you that it's wrong :) Anyway, 285Nm makes the ingear times rather nice - 0-100km/h is a rather meaningless indicator.

Can't say I've tried either. But the boot is *large*. And as I said, the back seats simply lift out of the car if required.

Ah.

Reply to
Nom

Part of Demon's news server has got constipation and held on to my first posting of this for about 3 days. Seems the onward transmission of messages depended on which server they connect me to.

Reply to
Peter Hill