Corsa GSiiiiiiiiiii

Never thought I'd ever see the day where I'd like a Vauxhall Corsa!

Yesterday I put my car in for a service, and got one of the technicians from the office to pick me up (n his Corsa). From the outside, it looks like a standard Corsa GSi, and the interior is just as s**te looking, but then when he took it on to the dual carriage way and planted it.....ooft.

2.0 16v C20XE "Red top" sitting under the bonnet with a set of throttle bodies, rolling roaded at 193bhp! Pulls like an absolute train and spins even going into 4th! Fully uprated suspension all round with front strut brace means it actually seems to take a corner too!

Woooo, almost makes me want to buy one...but then I remember it's a Corsa :(

Anyone know of any other similar large engine / small car conversions (apart from Novas)?

What about an RS2000 engine in a Mk3 Fiesta?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

There was a 2L Zetec engined Mk2 Fiesta on ebay a little while back. Mk3 Fiestas are bloated and s**te IMHO, but then that's half the appeal of actually making one into something that performs and handles half-decently, I suppose...

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The easiest route being to buy an RS1800i and a few suspension tweaks. Much easier than pissing around with engine swaps.

Reply to
SteveH

Years ago (in Miniworld or similar) I saw a black Mini saloon with a XR4x4 engine and running gear installed. It was kind of wide.

There was one at the National Mini showdown, steel bodied still, 2.0 installed (can't remember what breed) which was running 12 second quarters... There was a yellow, kevlar bodied Mini with a 300bhp ex-works Cavalier touring car lump in...

Why can't I find these on the web???

There are plenty of Minis with Vauxhall 2.0's and Honda VTEC's in.

Reply to
Abo

One of my friends had a mk2 Fiesta XR2 with the 2.9 Cologne V6 engine. Went rather well too - although I'd love to try one with the 24v version...

Reply to
Andy Tucker

Pug 205 Mi16 conversion?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

How about 3S-GTE into Starlet or Sera? Or V8 into Chevette/Viva?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Seen in some mag, an R5 Turbo with cossie engine and running gear, so it was

4wd and 2.0 Turbo... Went well by all accounts. Then of course, there is the Lambo slaying twin engined R5 Turbo...
Reply to
DanTXD

some mad yank is doing a V8 into a MK1 MR2 :)

my mate has a mini which some may have seen at the pod, it's dark green, rear engined and RWD and about 400bhp i think! guy that owns it did a lot of work on my old MK1 MR2

Reply to
Vamp

but you can do the 2.0 mondy lump into a festa for less than the cost of the RS AND you don't need to worry about it pulling the chassis apart after 50 miles either :)

Reply to
dojj

the cossie into a small car is professionaly available at a cost of around £8500 you get lots of power, lots of pace, and lots of stability what you don't get is blown into the weeds by nova's with 2.0 lumps in them :)

Reply to
dojj

Eh? - how can buying a basic Fester, dropping in a new lump, upgrading the brakes and suspension be cheaper than buying an RS (even taking into account the premium price of an RS1800i)?

As for pulling the chassis apart - why would a Mondeo lump be less likely to do that than an original RS1800i?

Reply to
SteveH

Alfa 3lt V6 into an X1/9 :-)

Reply to
SteveH

Paul Woods is giving it a go too over here, using a Lexus v8. Should be interesting!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Plus, the 2.0 Mondy lump appears to be a bit gutless on paper anyway...

Reply to
DanTXD

There are loads of examples. For example: Rover v8 in a mini Mi16 in a 205

2.0 16v Turbo/v8 in a mk1 MR2 Merlin engine into an SD1 3.0 v6 into a 306 2.5 turbo into a Volvo 360 Fiat twin cam into a Lada
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

buy a fiesta for peanuts buy a mondeo for even less peanuts total outlay? less than £600 on a good day swap the engine and brakes over put new suspension in job done less than a grand

Reply to
dojj

Or perhaps not.

You may get a rusty Fester for a few hundred quid, then there's the fact that base model Fester interiors are s**te, and you'll easily spend the

400 quid on brake and suspension parts. Not forgetting the amount of time / effort you'd have to put in to do the job.

Then what are you left with? - some parts-bin special that's going to cost you silly money to insure and won't be as good as buying an RS1800i to begin with.

Reply to
SteveH

Oh that would be a proper baby Ferrari then.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

There used to be a Skoda Favorit on 4x4 Saph cosworth running gear rallying and hill climbing a long time ago.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2