Derv Delight :>)

I've had a T4 2.5TDi Caravelle for a couple of years as a 'family bus' and once it had been 'breathed on' performs amazingly well for a 2tonne van. I've just had a bit of a promotion at work and the guv'nor insists that I must have a company 'car' as he wants me to not look like a van driver when I visit customers etc. I did stress to him than I only drive the 'Velle because of the 3kids/2dogs/mountain bikes/misc crap that I have to cart about, so I may have got a special exemption from the usual company car spec. I went down to the local VW Van Centre today and tested a new T5 2.5 *174PD* Caravelle Executive. Oh Yussss! *What* a vehicle. It stomps through the 6 gears with a very acceptable urgency. Mind ewe, 400Nm of torque does have its merits. I like all of the toys too, so it looks like my quote is on the way and a company purchase is imminent. It would appear that a certain tuning firm can remap it to 245bhp/530Nm for ~£350 too when it's run in. I'm in derv heaven though I'll have to watch out for my bloody licence.

JB

Reply to
JB

I had the VR6 one. Much smoother, quieter, and it doesent need 16 gears to row it along. Drank fuel though...

Mind ewe, 400Nm of torque does have its merits. I like

Reply to
Burgerman

2.5 TDi - is that still based on the old 5-pot engine, but with PD technology added on?
Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yup. A bloke called Shadowmaker on the T4 Forum has an original T4 like mine but one with ~350bhp/700Nm. He even uses it on the drag strip with extra N2O. Then again he is Finnish and therefore *barking*.

JB

Reply to
JB

^^^^^^^^^

*Ding*. Noise I can live with but sub 18mpg is a big no no for me.

JB

Reply to
JB