Down the auctions

Me and the brother went to the auctions last night to see if we could pick up a lump of elderly german metal for a bit of a laugh.

Where on earth do the supposed prices come from? The auctioneer absolutely refused to start anything at under 200 quid and then took bids out of thin air. Most lots went through as unsold.

What's all that about ?

Let me give you a couple of examples. J reg Audi 100 2.8 with half of the induction system lying in the passenger footwell and a spark plug packet next to it. Entered by a private individual... Sent it through when nobody would give him 300 quid for it. F reg Nissan Bluebird - 300 quid.

I don't think so.

Must try a different auction.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Which one was that, so's I know to avoid it? Loads of auction places seem to have sprung up around the eastish end of Glasgow in the last 5 years or so.

The one I used to visit sometimes in Aberdeen was a few decent headline motors making allright but not silly money then a load of old rovers vauxhalls and fords for £200 or less. The eastern europeans loved it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Kinross it was. We won't be back.

The Eastern Europeans seem to love the auction at Livingston as well.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Kinross. 'Kin great.

Reply to