Ew! I feel all dirty...

...having just seen a 1998 Ford Ka 2 at a price I couldn't ignore.

Actually... it drives alright.

Slow as f*ck though.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

sicko!

Reply to
Vamp

How much did you get?

Reply to
Iridium

Damn things aren't that slow if you're willing to use 100%. Just hope it's not the same one [1] that always comes past me on the M1 on Sunday nights, cos it's been well thrashed. Seems it's always foot to the floor London ---> Leeds NSL + 25mph all the way every time.

Of course if you do use 100% don't be surprised to find it rocking on it's roof like an upturned turtle. That's how one I saw a few years back appeared, sat in the middle lane of the M1 in slightly (sight understatement) wet weather. Just a few miles further on, what should come past me going 95mph? Yes, completely undeterred and unphased that damn KA. Even with the low performance of a slug there are times and places where that's too much. The patrol car parked up the works sliproad just north of M6 junction wasn't having anything to do with a

95mph chase in that weather. Just let him get on with it. [1] Well I think it's same one but I've never bothered remembering it's number and they all look the same.

Peter Hill

95mph all the way on lots of long journeys doesn't neccessarily constitute "thrashed" in my book. They're bulletproof engines, and as long as they've been allowed to properly warm up before giving it a bit of welly, and serviced on time, and tappets adjusted as required (every service), then I can't see why it'd last any less. Much better than fuckloads of short journeys. By a country mile.

Depends how much of a f****it you are with it. They're pretty happy at reasonable speed, as was my old Mk5 Fiesta van (W/00), which is based on a fairly similar chassis.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Seemed quite happy at 80 earlier, anyway.

I bought it to shift on, really.

However... I wanted a cheap runabout whilst I build up funds for something I actually want, i.e: another Mk4 Golf TDI, so I may well just keep this for now - doubt it'll depreciate much, if at all, in the time I'm likely to keep it.

Got another CBR600 to use for my commute yesterday, so not like it'll even get used that much unless the weather turns as bad as they keep saying it will.

ROFL

Was it covered in lots of wanky tat and alloys that really didn't suit it by chance? ;-)

Reply to
jackhackettuk

I can beat that, I think.

I'm desperately trying to persuade erindoors to let me blow 3K on a ten year old car with a 1.0 litre engine... and an automatic gearbox.

Handling and performance both non-existent but I still want one.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hummm... as Vamp suggests, a Figaro?

I was in Totton last night - bought a bike from there, and tempting as the signs for Eastleigh were, I didn't have our favourite resident of that districts address on me.

I did keep an eye out for Exploders swerving towards bikers though. ;-)

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Nah, that's what the missus wants.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Oh go on look at it, they're ace.

I'd also like a Ryoga:

But I do have my limits, I don't want one of these:

Steve Firth

Steve Firth

Don't you just love the way they spent all that money on the bodywork mods. then skimped on a bit of plastic wood for the interior and left it on standard wheels?

Reply to
SteveH

I've seen one in the flesh - it looked all wrong.

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Reply to
Vamp

your misses has sense and taste you have... well a slight perversion for s**te looking cars it seems!

next time i see a figaro i'll be less hard on the poor thing. least it looks kinda normal now

Reply to
Vamp

"full of atmosphere and presence rather than talent"

If only all advertising was quite that honest :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Yup, it's the complete pikey nature of the mod. that appeals.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I was intending to put a Jaguar "leaper" on the bonnet of the Mitsuoka.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What the Holy Fuck is that?

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's the Mitsuoka Le-Seyde as it says. Horrible, isn't it?

If you loathed that, you'll loathe these:

I'm glad to see a Japanese maker that has "Electlic" (sic) cars in it's range. The CONVOY 88 looks like it would sell well to some of the dweebs infesting uk.rec.driving at the moment.

Reply to
Steve Firth