Exploding garage

Pretty easily! Amazingly there isnt much you cant still do, with a bit of thought... Paralised from chest down. A big suzuki spat me off after hitting a large ditch at rather high speed. Then it summersaulted and 500lb of hot bige landed on me from a good hieght!

2 helicopter rides later, 6 weeks in a coma, collapsed lungs, broken femu (pinned with a lump of unobtanium 20mm bar) broken neck, broken ribs (all! back and front) and loads of minor things, including broken back at T4 which also damaged the spinal cord causing paralasis from chest down. Now that lot hurt! After 12 months in hospital I escaped, fitted hand controls to my car and kind of got back to semi normal, and my love life actually improved!

QUITE! i almost wasnt, it was a bit touch and go, several operations, hundreds of pipes and wires, trachiostomy so couldnt speak, incredible drugs! REALLY scary...

Reply to
Burgerman

Ouch.

I used to live up in the North West. Most local lads fancied themselves as TT riders. By the time I got to 21, a staggeringly high proportion of my friends were missing limbs, using wheelchairs, or had an odd gait caused by a poorly repaired pelvis. Someone once told me it's the curse of the amateur, the professionals let go of the bike, the amateurs have at the back of their mind how much they spent to prepare the bike and hang on just a fraction too long.

Not that any of that's relevant to your experience of course.

Reply to
Steve Firth

makes me and with my appendix look a right cry baby! :)

Reply to
Vamp

Err yes! Did you chat up any fit nurses? Student nurses are best/easiest!

Reply to
Burgerman

There are 3 here :D (student nurses).

Reply to
DanTXD

Post em here nobody will care!

Reply to
Burgerman

Mine doesn't stick out. Makes up about half the femur at bone thickness, then goes up inside the femur for a bit. Then theres the knee joint (also titanium but with my own knee cap, which makes a digusting grating noise when i go upstairs), which goes down replacing a bit of the shin/lower leg bone type bit, then goes inside that bone as well like it does in the femur. Bloody heavy things (they let me see it before it went in).

Reply to
DanTXD

Yours replaces the knee joint? I wouldnt have wanted to see it!

Reply to
Burgerman

When i get home, hopefully tmrw, i'll put an old Xray i was given against the window and take a photo :)

Reply to
DanTXD

My wife had one of those in her femur after a car crash. They called it a pin. 18 inch long pin mind you. When they took it out we got to keep it and we kept it on the mantlepiece. People used to pick it up and ask what it was and when we told them they couldn't put it down fast enough. I am pretty sure hers was stainless steel.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

thickness,

shin/lower leg

scarey stuff u lot...would swear uve been in a war or something

Reply to
JonnyBoy

I was in De Nang, '64.

Reply to
DanTXD

Really? What was your role there?

Reply to
JonnyBoy

Killin' gooks boss :D

Reply to
DanTXD

now i am unsure if u r serious or takin the piss

Reply to
JonnyBoy

in news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "JonnyBoy" slurred :

In that case, I have an investment opportunity which I would like to interest you in....

Reply to
Albert T Cone

In '64, I rekon Dan was about -19 years old :)

Reply to
Nom

"JonnyBoy"

LOL!! wow cool tell me more...i have money i need to get rid of!! please help me!

Reply to
JonnyBoy

Sshhhhhhh - you're killing the fantasy :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Bah, I've got a lovely bridge to sell him with a nice view of Sydney harbour.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston