Finally got the Charger.

It needs a wash and a clean but it seems to be better than the pics. Car technology has come a long way since 1972. It is a big comfy cruise mobile though.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

So we'll be seeing less of you for a while then? Glad it's turned out as you expected.

Reply to
Conor

Not if you compare it with it's modern Yank equivalents :)

Reply to
fishman

Excellent! Enjoy it.

Reply to
getbent

How many amps?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Keep us happy with the nice things and be quiet about the bad things!

Best of luck!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Excellent news!! I'll look forward to a vid or at least a sound file of it :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Woo hoo!

.....Vroooooooooooom. :)

Alistair J Murray

Will you do me a massive favour?

Find a milk float just before the sun goes down...

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

No way. I surf usenet at work while I'm waiting for computers to do their stuff. I'm here to stay as the token aussie.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

We don't have milk floats here. Not for a long time.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It's really really slow. Almost comically so. But it is ok once it's rolling. The steering is as loose as a 2 dollar hooker.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Things have got a bit quicker in the last 30 odd years...

0-100k in 10s slow or watching for glaciers in your mirror slow?

I had a Merc box where that was the first symptom of failure. :(

Heh!

Alistair J Murray

0-100k in the 12s slow.

I think it is just really tall gearing. *checks net for a higher ratio diff*

And the turning circle is more of a turning football field. And it has a choke.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Should keep you ahead of all but the nippiest glaciers. ;)

It was the beginnings of a brake-band problem for me...

Twirly and heavy too? ...or fingertip PAS?

I remember those.

...just!

Alistair J Murray

Heavy. No PAS. Terrible turning circle and you can move the steering wheel a 1/4 of a turn before anything happens. I'm looking into rack and pinion conversions.

I wish I could forget them.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston