Goodwood

Anyone go today, or planning to go this weekend?

I went today. Great day out, but kinda lost track of time and spent too much time looking round the cars rather than actually watching them in action. Hey ho, I still enjoyed it!

As you would expect there were some stunning cars out. Notable ones were the Bugatti Veyron, McLaren SLR (old hat now I suppose), lots of beautiful rally cars and a 27 litre SD1 (Meteor engine). I was also lucky enough to be eyeing up the said SD1 when they started it up - awesome!!

Few pics here for those who wanna see what was there:

more to follow soon!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I think if you live in the UK and love cars not going is the biggest sin ever. I've considered going over there just for Goodwood.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Working yesterday, busy today, visiting mother in hospital tomorrow. only remembered it was on last weekend, and didn't get a ticket. Because of my lousy memory, I forgot last weekend was C.A.R.S and Stars and Stripes.

Reply to
Elder

Wicked pictures chap, I see you fixed the gallery, keep 'em coming.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yep, finally got some time and reinstalled and started again.

Got another mates set of photos to go on at some point, plus a few videos to shrink in size and upload. I think we had around 300 pics between us :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Apologies for the stupid text in the middle, but needed to shrink the vids a bit and it's the only software I had. Can anyone recommend any free stuff for converting video files?

Oh, and I need a bigger memory card for my camera - 256Mb is rubbish for summat like Goowood. Anyone know any cheap places before I start looking? I need a Memory Stick Pro, probably a gig in size. Or maybe a Memory Stick Duo plus an adaptor to make it Pro if such a thing exists.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

do they still cover it on telly? ITV used to can't see anything though :( keep meaning to go every year but don't, gutted :(

Reply to
Vamp

Try eBay. Even with the postal costs from Hong Kong, Taiwan etc, you can pick up memory cards at much less than UK prices. I recently bought a 1Gig fast Compact Flash card for my Canon 350D from Taiwan, for just over £20 inc P&P. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

You could still book for the Goodwood Revival 1st to the 3rd September. After going to both the Festival of Speed, and the Revival a few times, of the two, I find the Revival more to my taste. Maybe not so many cars on display, but to see older cars and bikes on the track, being seriously raced by some of the top drivers of yesteryear, is a real experience, and not one to be missed IMO. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Good call. Shall have to investigate.

Reply to
Elder

Reply to
David Billington

I just bought an 1GB SD card for £17 shipped, from the link below.

Reply to
StevieB

I just bought an 1GB SD card for £17 shipped, from the link below.

Cheapest I could find a 1GB stick for were these, £25 shipped with adaptor.

or this one for £23.24 shipped

StevieB

I just bought an 1GB SD card for £17 shipped, from the link below.

Cheapest I could find a 1GB stick for were these, £25 shipped with adaptor.

or this one for £23.24 shipped

StevieB

Sorry, try agiain;

I just bought an 1GB SD card for £17 shipped, from the link below.

Cheapest I could find a 1GB stick for were these, £25 shipped with adaptor.

or this one for £23.24 shipped

StevieB

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

->> Few pics here for those who wanna see what was there:

->>

> Plenty more to follow soon!->More photos now uploaded! ->

Nice pictures, look like they have made more of a effort with the rally stages this year.

Reply to
Geoff

Is that you and the Mrs? You don't half look southern...

Reply to
Doki

Errrm, probably not, my missus wasnt there. I'm not blonde if you're talking about who I think you're talking about :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah, massive improvement over last year. It's now a proper stage ie you dont double back on yourself at one end meaning you can get more than one car on there at a time. Although being mostly a clay type surface it got very interesting when it started to rain - the WRC drivers were still very comitted which made for some very slippery driving!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs