got the BMW back but....

yeah yeah i know been ages but man oh man it drives like a freaking dream! totally different now! smooth idle and the power is right back where it should be too! sadly it failed it's mot cos some jerk at work noticed the front wheels JUST touch the inner arch on full lock :(

still 10 quids worth of wheel spacers off a mate should sort that fingers crossed. *sigh* i guess it's just 'one of them cars' everyone gets a bad one now and then eh

Reply to
Vamp

Factory wheels and suspension foul on lock?

Reply to
Elder

IANABMW but from the pics I've seen of Vamp's car, the wheels looked like they were from an E46.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Is that a fail?

Many volvos do this as standard - S60s with Nebulas for example.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Angle grinder and / or mallet.

Bad idea.

Sell it now.

Reply to
SteveH

Ah OK, bloody krauts. Couldn't even build in inter model compatability ;)

Reply to
Elder

Probably better off to flog it and get the 7.7 litre tractor lump fixed in the Cadillac I posted. At least he would have uniqueness on his side.

Reply to
Elder