Re: Impreza WRX brake discs?

Had no intention of letting those clowns actually do anything other than

> tell me if the car does/doensn't need new discs! >

Unfortunatley by the time they have told you that it needs new discs/pads, they will have rounded 4 wheel studs boken 2 calipers because "they were seized and we had to lever them", and cut through a pair of front dampers with the gas axe "because the dampers were leaking and dangerous". They can't put them back in because they have broken/cracked/stripped bent them and claim they needed to do the damage to fix the other problems you requested.

Reply to
Elder

Yes they were.

HTH

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Then you're lying :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Hey phrase, I bet we are seeing common language issues here. Are you saying 0-100mph or KmH?

Reply to
Elder

Km/h. Yeah sorry token Aussie here. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No manufacturer spec over here has *ever* described the low spec Impreza models as hitting 60mph in 5.x seconds.

Yes, as in "WRX" and not "WRX STi".

I don't know what you have in Australia, but over here the WRX is nothing special in the power stakes. It fits in with all the other cars that have around 200bhp and weigh around 1450 to 1500 kilos - which, strangely enough, also all hit 60mph in somewhere between 6 to 7 seconds.

HTH

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Why would I do that ?

I have no idea what exactly is going on in this thread, but some people appear to be either confusing what we're talking about with the high spec Scoobies (260bhp plus) or are just plain deluded.

I raced dozens of them when I had the TI's, high spec ones would shit all over me but low spec ones weigh around 100 kilos more than I did and only had an extra 20bhp. You do that math.

I'm not saying that the TI was fast, I'm saying the baby Impreza wasn't that quick. They *are* faster than the TI but not substantially so.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Yea to be fair I didn't read the whole thread I just posted first - it makes it more exciting :-)

FWIW - my mates Astra Coupe Turbo is marginally quicker in a straight line than a pov-spec WRX...

Reply to
Iridium