Had my car modified

by some scrote last night - lightened it by the weight of a window, a glovebox and part of the centre console

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

They stole the glovebox...?

Pikey bastards.

Reply to
DanTXD

Bastards. I think the law should be a red hot coathanger up the japs eye for that sort of offense.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Will the police come round and do any form of investigation?

Reply to
Depresion

LOL i like the way fraser thinks!

Reply to
Vamp

You mean you'd like a red hot coathanger up your japs eye?

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I'm gutted for you sir!

Reply to
DervMan

now but i have been offered that by many people, people say it's coz i'm a bit of a character which i think is another word for tosser. i was thinking more i like frasers ideas for punishments to pikeys :)

Reply to
Vamp

No, car was parked, not speeding.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

You'd have thought they'd have come round just in case one of your tyres was borderline or you'd a bulb out though? ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Not unless it was parked by a speed camera and the people run off and triggered it. The police will not be the slightest bit interested, although they will give a crime number for the insurance company. people breaking into cars need their hands cutting off - or to be taught a lesson. I was woken at 4am by the sound of heavy braking by a car being chased by two 1.25 fiesta police cars. The same people do it all the time on a regular basis but the criminal justice system lets them go all the time. I blame the CPS - or Criminal Protection Service as they are known.

What on earth are they going to do with a stolen glove box? Most are fitted into the dashboard. I hope the car had a suitable alarm fitted and was parked under a street light or security light with CCTV !

Reply to
Fred

Well if you weren't so wealthy then poor people wouldn't need to go around nicking stuff from your car! Sorry, the communism is wearing off on me...

Seriously, when I went to the copshop after my car was broken into a couple of years ago, the policewoman who dealt with me said "hmm there've been a lot of that down that street recently". So why the hell weren't they doing anything about it!!?

I then asked her if there had been a large heroin bust in the area recently. She proudly said there had. I then told her that would explain the increase in crime as the price of smack would have gone through the roof. She didn't quite know what to say.

Reply to
fishman

All this on-line insurance and MOT and tax means they don't bother any more - policing is done by fixed penalty, not by anything else.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Lol - the next street has CCTV, we don't. Glove box was broken off to get to contents (mostly receipts, so now I have a load of cancelled credit cards) and yes the alarm went off....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Bastards, commisserations.

Some junkie did the same to a leased VW I had a few years ago. There was nothing in the car to nick, so the prat tried to lever the radio out and failed, screwdriver marks all over the console. Thankfully it was a lease deal that included insurance, hope you've got protected NCB.

Police conspicuous by not giving a damn, one presumes?

Reply to
Steve Firth

For various reasons, police showing a lot of interest.... just not responding quickly enough. Not worth claiming (lost my protected NCD a few years ago and am building it back up) as the items stolen have been recovered, credit cards all cancelled (they took petrol receipts...) and I have zero excess on glass so it's gonna cost me a new glovebox lid and two centre console panels (covering the two storage bins). Probably not cheap.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Scrap yard? I bought "quite a few bits" for the old Jaguar such as door handles and scuffed interior trim and they cost peanuts, it's finding a scrappie with a car in good interior fettle thats the hard part. The clumsy buggers break the windows, the rain gets in, interior bollixed.

Reply to
Steve Firth