Heheh

Whatever next? One that works using the exhaust gasses to flip it open when the engine is working hard? :)

Reply to
DervMan

More importantly, what about cameras that get the back of your car...?

Reply to
Dan405

Quote: 'With this product, the driver do not have to worry about speed traps...'

I love the fact they're blatantly advertising it as being used to avoid speed traps!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

good ish idea but a bit over priced

Nick

Reply to
Nick

I saw a scooter with a thin plastic rear 'L' plate. It was just clamped at the top edge between the number plate and number plate bracket so it hung down below the number plate. Once he got to 15mph it was caught by the suction behind the number plate and flipped to conceal the number plate. Bet he never did figure out why he kept losing them. It was only on seeing this I realised why I had to replace my rear 'L' plates every month all those years ago. I had thought it just flexed in the draught causing it to crack, I didn't sus it was sucked completely flat on to the number plate.

All I need now is a long 'KEEP YOUR DISTANCE' or a 'GB' and flag sticker on a piece of flexible plastic to stick under my number plate. Do you think they would go looking for every car within say 50 miles. About 25K sold in UK of which about 10% may be same colour so assuming even spread that would be maybe 50 houses to call on. May need a light sensor rigged in the number plate to a tell tale on the dash to tell me when it's flexed once too often and broken off. "It's doing what officer?"

Peter Hill

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I've seen rear plates on Skoda and Simcas that use a top hinge, and air movement above 30MPH flow to flip up the rear plate to get cool air through and out of the engine bay.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

but if you have already spunked all your money on a skyline, you save $9 :)

Reply to
dojj