Hmm....

[...]

K-car?

Alistair J Murray

Can recommend the Focus over the Astra though - I had an Astra 2.0DTI, but now have a Focus TDCI Ghia (Mk1 with the 1.8 115ps unit). Engine is quieter, revvier, punchier, more economical and just about everything better than the VX unit.

Plus the cabin's not falling to pieces before my eyes like the Astra's did, which has to be a bonus.

Of course, what you really want to do is to rebuild the Ka, rip out the rear seats and make a RWD rear-engined thingy with the Ford/PSA 2.7V6 diesel where the rear seats used to be :-)

For a cheap =A31k purchase though you can't beat an L-series derv Rover... YKIMS

Reply to
Andy Tucker

Suzuki cappuccino. They're knocking on a bit now, but there are still some low mileage ones around, and they are economical funky little RWD rev monsters. Never driven one, but they are supposed to be something of a hoot, especially round town.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Indeed - stonking derv engine, at least in intercooled form. Shame it didn't come in a pug chassis.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Ordinarily, yeah I'd be up for it - but at the moment I'm thinking bigger is better.

Might not have been so lucky in something small, light and with no roof...

Reply to
DervMan