Alloy repairs

My brother is looking for somewhere not too far from Manchester who can repair / refurbish the dinged alloy from his Calibra.....

He appears to have bought a Corsa 1.6 Sport for his missus and wants to put the Calibra 17s on it. Oh dear.

Anyway, does anyone have suggestions?

Cheers,

Reply to
SteveH

His missus finds another bloke? :)

Reply to
DervMan

only place i can think of is wicked wheels but i think there essex based, a lil to far :) only place that can repaire XKR split rims though around here! which is no help to no one :-P

Reply to
Vamp

Heh.... it was her choice.

Reply to
SteveH

AWR, Millett Street Garage, Millett St, Bury, Lancashire BL9 0JA

0161 762 0000

repaired an alloy on my laguna privilege company car last month after I swerved to avoid a police car (next time I won't).

4 repair firms said it couldn't be repaired (lip of alloy had been ripped off 50% of the wheel and there were a couple of chunks missing), left the wheel with AWR for 48 hrs and it came back good as new with a new rolled lip. Cost £45 plus the dreaded.

they do offer a call out service but I dropped mine off with them. fantastic service, strongly recommended but I can't remember the owners name.

Reply to
screamin

Cheers for that.... I've passed it on via MSN for him now.

Only about 10 miles up the road for him, too.

Reply to
SteveH

You know what I should be writing now, "your brother finds a new missus" heheheh.

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah...they won't fit. They'll scrub the arches like a bastard and he'll hardly have any steering lock as they'll rub the inner wings.

Reply to
Conor

Try snipped-for-privacy@wheelrepair.co.uk mobile is 07973 359009

Last I heard he was still setting up, but doing work, sometimes mobile I think.

NeedforSwede2

Very little work to get 17s on a Corsa.

Reply to
DanTXD

In news:1h6t04k.1xy49e7jiyufmN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, SteveH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Proclean in Prescot is the best lot round 'ere I know of.

Still 30 miles from Manc though.

Reply to
Pete M

Aye, I don't think he'd complain too much about that to be honest - just wants a proper job done.

Reply to
SteveH

What sort of job do these refurbishers do? My Veloce (5-hole design) alloys are bubbling badly and I don't know if it's better to leave them or get them refurbed and possibly make things worse.

Reply to
Halmyre

My dad had a set of wheels done. Old Jag wheels that had gone porous. They looked pretty poor - lacquer bubbling etc, but they still look spot on a few years later after being done. Some refurbers will weld in new metal if you've knocked chunks out of them, others won't. It'll f*ck up any heat treatment the wheel's had.

Reply to
Doki