Hmm - not a Daimler; loopy juice to blame

Talbot Samba cabrio - 11 mths MOT, history, last owner a few years, 97k miles. 1.4 engine - same as in 205.

Overpriced, probably, but the Rover's dying FAST.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Hehehe dude, nice :-)

Reply to
Iridium

I like that a lot. Is it the XY or TU engine?

All it needs is the stripes and bonnet vent from the Rallye :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That is quite possibly the coolest thing I've seen posted here in a long time.

But yes, it was over priced - I was looking at them last year for half that money.

Reply to
SteveH

that's soooo sooo wrong

Reply to
Vamp

Brrr, better you than I.

On the other hand: you could have bought this sure-to-turn-heads-"Clio".

See, there are even those with worse car knowledge and ever worser taste.

:-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Thanks.

Agreed, but I can't find a decent supercharged Daimler for 8-10K. I was also looking at Saab 900 /Audi convertibles and couldn't find any decent ones.

It's only £750 (less about £20 Quidco) and a train ticket to Tring. I'll get about £200 for the Rover so it's not bad for a runabout until a Daimler comes along that I like. It'll also cost less on fuel.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Looking at it, it appears to be very tidy.

If it's as tidy as it looks, then I reckon you've done OK.

Needs a 106 Rallye lump, decent wheels and a bit of lowering ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

I think it's the XY that was fitted to most Talbot 1360's.

Probably. But I'll see what it's like. It'll be temporary transport to see if I get a promotion (more cash) and until I find a decent Daimler.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Yep. But I won't have a BMW. That's even more wrong.

And it's got to have 4 seats (2 young kiddies), so a Mk1 MR2 is out. As is a TVR. There weren't any decent Saab or Audi convertibles locally so ... why not?

David

Reply to
David Lane

Run away, run away.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Thanks, but pink's not my colour - either for a Ka or Clio ;-)

Besides, I've never owned a cabrio or had a car with aircon. So it's about time I had one of them.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Me either so i will shortly be travelling to teh uk to pick up my latest purchase. Cabrio with leccy hood and leather. Most importantly its french and has my favourite 1.8 16v engine in it!

Reply to
Chet

Exactly what I was thinking :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's a Honda engined one... it won't die.

But let's for a moment surmise that it did... it won't require the whole engine being lifted out to change the starter motor.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Indeed.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

That is awesome. Seriously. :D

Reply to
Albert T Cone

You too can look like you're driving a pig!

Reply to
Abo

Fine - do you want it?

True. But I've had it for 8 years and it's about time for a change.

David

Reply to
David Lane

I need the 4 seats for ... the children.

Thus disproving your changed comment.

Reply to
David Lane