Another needless and gratuitous post - Rover FS

Details at:

Rover 416Si M reg manual saloon in White, registered in June 1995. This is the Honda engine, which is preferred and has approx. 108 BHp. Overall mileage: 139800 (plus a few miles by the end of the auction) - I bought it in '98 at 70K so I've had the car for over 8 years.

MOT'd to January 2008 and taxed to the end of May 2007. The car passed it's MOT in January 2007 with no advisories.

One previous owner (Lex Leasing) to 70,000 miles plus supplying garage I bought the car from (Station Garage, Horsforth). HPI clear and has only had one minor accident on record; a scratch on the front bumper, with the whole bumper being replaced in November 2001.

The car has a FULL SERVICE HISTORY, with a detailed file of multiple receipts dating back to 1995 right through to this year. These are detailed below. Also, there are ALL the MOT's from 1998 through to 2007. All servicing has been carried out by Manor Garage, Dewsbury, with MOT's from Chapel Autos, Dewsbury.

The car's in Leeds during the day (Headingley) and Dewsbury evenings/weekends.

Bad bits: It could do with the tracking doing at some point in the near future. It will need a radiator at some point (sealant in at present) as it started leaking a bit last month. There's a rattle from the exhaust at 2500 rpm (? the heat shield) It's had 2 young children inside - so there's toast crumbs on the floor. And water marks on the sunroof slide. These HAVE been cleaned, but aren't perfect. There are some rust bubbles; front drivers side wing and behind drivers side passenger door. These were dealt with last summer, but it's a common issue with all Hondovers. The driver's seat has some minor splits on the door side. The stereo works, but sometimes plays tapes at different speeds. Oh, and the aeriel's a stick-in one thanks to an ex-student.

Asking: £250 - for a Honda engined Rover, with 9 months MOT and 6 weeks tax.

E-mail: remove NOSPAMTAVERYMUCH to reply.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Has it got a cat?

Reply to
Abo

The 414si I had did the same at about the same revs, turned out to be the flexypipe

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

Yes - although it passed the emissions test with the rattle and the garage didn't mention it. It may just be the heat shield?

David

Reply to
David Lane

Thanks - I'll look at it if I get the chance this week.

David

Reply to
David Lane

My 306 passed it's MOT in January with flying colours, albeit with a rattle from the exhaust, which I thought was a heat shield. But when I got round to checking, when you rattled the exhaust the noise was coming from the cat. Turns out the brick inside had come loose; it was still doing it's job it seems, it was just rattling about.

Reply to
Abo

Now sold to a mate of James (off this NG) - hope you enjoy it.

David

Reply to
David Lane

I'm taking it over to him tomorrow but took it out for a blat tonight as he's paying for the petrol. It feels a bit slow and wallowy but it's really comfortable after my sx. I'm hoping he won't like it and then get something else so I can have it as I could do with something to throw my bike in that's quiet and comfy.

Reply to
James Grabowski

Bad form and all but he was impressed. He was expecting a complete shed and had moaned at me for paying the asking price but understood why when he saw the history and drove it. I got a Chinese takaway and a nice bottle of Laphroaig as payment for my car finding services.

Reply to
James Grabowski