MR2 for sale (definately... I think)

Since my missus will soon be commuting 60 miles a day she's decided it's probably time to sell the MR2 on and get something diesel. Anyone here interested in it? Vamp? Dervy? Rob?

It's a 1987 n/a coupe with about 107k on the clock.

Good bits: Engine is good - I put a new one in this year which is the later, stronger red top variety. Bought it from a trusted IMOC member and haven't had any troubles with it. Also changed clutch, cambelt and coolant at the same time. Brand new Toyota exhuast manifold fitted this year. Stainless steel Magnex exhuast. Nearly new Oz Racing alloys. Just had 2 new handbrake cables and a new rear caliper. The other caliper has been replaced in the last few years. Front strut brace from a t-bar model

10 months MoT Tax till end of October. Loads of history with it Quite a few spares with it too - mainly trim but a few useful mechanical parts such as alternator, starter, clutch master cylinder etc.

Bad bits: Front splitter and bumper could do with a respray after some stone chips and someone scuffing the corner of the bumper. Might get this done before it goes. The paint n/s/r wheel arch is starting to bubble but all the others are fine.

Pic here:

Probably looking for around a £1k, possibly a bit more if we sort the bumper/splitter out.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yes but Charlie would say, "a world of no." Besides, if I have issues with my 9-3 getting broken into, how would the MR2 cope?

It's break my heart...

[snip]

Dribble.

Reply to
DervMan

Actually, bad form to reply to my own post, but... I commute 60 miles a day and I suspect the MR2 would return at least high 30s over most commuter routes and, better yet, a great-to-drive car is being driven a lot!

Reply to
DervMan

As is now traditional, "HFM !!" etc.....

Looks quite nice actually - always promised I would have an MR2, oh that's right - I don't fit.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yeah it does about 35mpg on a run so not too bad. But we're probably buying a house soon so money is gonna be tight for the next year or so, so the £50 a month saved on petrol is going to be a big help. Not to mention the reduced insurance costs, and reduced running costs.

It's gonna break her heart but it'll probably be replaced by a good looking

3dr 205 STDT/Dturbo which she likes so it's not going to be a total downer.
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ken will now tell you it is a deathtrap shed, and you should be locked=20 up for letting your missus drive just a horrible piece of crusty crap.

And getting a colour match on your splitter will cost a large lottery=20 win.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Gut or height? I've always fancied one...

Reply to
Doki

Firstly - height. :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Hmm, I haven't got a chance, have I?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

My mate's about 6'2" and he managed ok in a Mk1.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

i'm 6" 2 i've got long legs though but fitted with the seat right back but had to fit a momo wheel cos i can't get in very well with the standard cart wheel

Reply to
Vamp

You have NFC... None At All.

Reply to